Updated Sept. 25, 2020
While we know our plans will change day by day, sometimes minute by minute, we wanted to inform you of the things we are doing to keep our children, customers, clients, and employees safe.
- All Ranch staff at all locations are “masking up” as Governor Burgum has requested. Please wear masks when you visit our stores, warehouses, schools, campuses, or cottages. Let’s all stay well together.
- Upon recommendation of North Dakota Department of Health and the CDC, we have taken critical steps to slow the spread and acceleration of the virus, with an emphasis on social distancing.
- Students returned to Dakota Memorial School on Thursday, August 20. The Dakota Memorial School Smart Restart Plan addresses the COVID-19 challenges while providing a flexible framework to guide our response over the next school year.
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch (Ranch) Residential Programs located in Fargo, Bismarck and Minot have continued operations throughout the pandemic, with additional safeguards in place to decrease the spread of COVID-19. Additional safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Enhanced screening of staff and children; along with rapid identification and management of ill residents.
- We continue to limit visitors for our residents. Please contact your child's case manager/treatment coordinator to arrange a visit.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting efforts.
- We have sanitizing stations set up at the front of every store for customers.
- We will sanitize the carts after every use.
- Children must be with their parent/guardian at all times.
- One person per cart and no large groups of shoppers allowed.
- Store capacity will be limited to five customers per 1,000 sq. ft. of selling floor space.
- Fitting rooms will be closed.
- We are asking customers and staff to practice social distancing.
- Cash register customer lines will be "marked" for six feet apart.
- We will clean high contact areas every hour.
- We will ask donors to place donations outside on tables and bins. From there, we will bring them to the designated area in the store/warehouse.
- All staff are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Donors are asked to bring in only saleable items. Staff will decline any non-saleable furniture.
- We are limiting the quantity of donations accepted each day. Once the store is full, the donation center will close for the day.
- Donors will line up in a car queue line, with one vehicle donating at a time.
- We will not be doing donation pick-ups at this time.
Our Dakota Family Services providers are available for in-person or telehealth visits.
How can you help? Symptoms of the COVID-19 include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Please do not visit the Ranch if you have these symptoms. Rather, consult your health provider and tell them about your recent travel or exposure.
We take the safety of our kids, staff, clients and customers very seriously. We will continue to monitor the situation, work with state and local health officials, and follow recommended guidance as it becomes available.
Thank you for your attention and support during this time. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Joy Ryan, President/CEO
Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch